March 22, 2009

and always will be: my first orginal poetry (sort of)

I'll be your eyes when you've seen enough
I'll be your breath when the darkness takes it from you
I'll be your fall when everything comes crashing down
I'll be your faith when everything else is broken
Lay your eyes to rest from this bitter world
When I caught your tears, you tried to keep the blood inside of me
Even when you knew
It was too late
I told you I would be your guardian angel forever
But you don't need to see me, just know that I'm there
Close your eyes and lean back
Whenever you need me, do this and you will feel my embrace
I can feel you're afraid
Don't be
I'm here
As I always was
And always will be
But no matter how much you love me
And how much you miss me
Don't forget to wake up
You don't want to be where I am
Please be my anchor to this world
And know that you're never alone

I'm your guardian angel
As I always was
And always will be
~ Andrew L. Kebrara

*all rights reserved. if you steal this for your blog or anything else, please credit*

1 people cared to comment:

Lily-Pagan said...

(through crying) oh my God, Andrew!
it's beautiful!
i love it!
only truly gifted writers can make me cry!
and you're a brilliant writer!
*sniff* i loved it!
~LP